Use this guide to install SolidPod on your Canon EOS-1D X Mark II DSLR.
This guide instructs you to replace the card door locking hook on your camera with the one supplied in the SolidPod Camera Kit, and install SolidPod on to the camera.
You will need
- SolidPod Camera Kit for Canon EOS-1D X Mark II (SKU: KIT-C)
- Phillips #00 Screwdriver (Includes in the camera kit)
- SolidPod (SP-CF2) or SolidPod X1C (SP-X1C)
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Camera
Step 1 Remove the card door hook
Open the memory card door and locate the two screws that secure the locking hook (or latch).
Remove the screws carefully. We need to use it in a later step.
Remove the metal hook and keep it in a safe place, in case you ever want to swap back to the original configuration.
Be careful not to remove the brass spacer.
Step 2 Install the new card door hook
Locate the card door locking hook supplied in the Camera Kit, install it onto the card door.
Step 3 Install the card door adapter
Locate the card door adapter in the Camera Kit (refer to the first picture, a soft rubber-like dust seal with cable guiding slot)
Install onto the card door, there is a slot on the inner curve of the card door adapter, insert the slot over the edge of the card door.
Step 4 Install the CFast card adapter
- Prepare your SolidPod and mount it onto the camera.
- Put the card adapter of the SolidPod into the appropriate card slot of the camera.
- Locate the card adapter spacer (a black foam with an adhesive backing), remove the yellow or white backing to expose the adhesive, stick it onto the longer edge of the backside of the card adapter (where the cable came out).
- The card adapter spacer will prevent the card losses from accidentally pulling the cable.
- Run the cable through the guiding slot on the card door adapter and close the memory card door.